1. General Statement
Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (herein collectively referred to as “Altra”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. This Privacy Notice explains our policies and practices regarding online visitor information. It is through this disclosure that we intend to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how we collect, use, and safeguard personally identifiable and other information we collect or that you provide through this website, and how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns. By using the site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. Information About Our Organization and Website and General Data Collection Practices
The business purpose of this site is to provide visitors with knowledge of our brands and products.
3. Online Tracking Information
When you visit this site other parties such as third-party advertising partners and analytics providers may collect information about your digital activity over time and across digital platforms. This information may include identifiers that may permit those parties to serve tailored ads to your device(s). Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies, however, this may prevent you from having access to some functions or services on our sites.
4. Personally Identifiable Information We Collect From You
When you visit this site we will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. For purposes of this Privacy Notice, personally identifiable information is information that identifies you as an individual including, without limitation, your name, street address, telephone number, email address (and credit card number if you place an order) and other personally identifiable information as you may voluntarily provide to us. If you opt not to provide us with personally identifiable information you may still access our website, however you will be unable to participate in certain promotions, such as sweepstakes, create login credentials in order to use certain functionalities on this site, activate or use a service, have a purchase order fulfilled, receive product information, or find the name, address and telephone number of a dealer.
5. Saving Content
Some functionality and services we provide you offer the opportunity to save certain content in two ways. You can save it anonymously (in that instance, content will be associated with your computer by placing a session or persistent cookie on it), or by creating login credentials described in the next paragraph.
6. Creating Login Credentials
7. How We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
Personally identifiable information collected on this site will be used for legitimate business and marketing purposes, including, without limitation to:
- Fulfill a site user request (e.g., create log in credentials, brochure fulfillment, send marketing or promotional materials including e-mails, price quotes, save or share content)
- Fulfill and deliver an order for goods
- Respond to your comments or requests for information
- Meet a request for or to develop new products
- Make the user experience more customer friendly
- Develop new and improved products and marketing
- Contact you if necessary in the course of processing or shipping an order for products
- Generate site analytics that improve our site layout, content, product offerings
- Compile user data that is stored in our corporate database; for site visitors in the U.S. this data may be used for marketing and other purposes
- Match personal data collected here with data about you that we collect through other sources
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
8. Other (Non-Personally Identifiable) Information We Collect From Site Visitors
9. How We Use the Aggregate or Non-Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
Non-Personally identifiable information collected on this site may be used to:
- Compile aggregate and statistical data to help in website design and to identify popular features
- Measure site activity to allow us to update our site to better meet user wants and needs
- Provide you content that may be of interest to you based on pages visited and items viewed
- Make the user experience more customer friendly
- Develop new and improved products, services and marketing
This site utilizes non-personally identifiable information for the purpose of performing analytics on the user’s experience while visiting this site. This analysis:
- Is performed on an aggregate level and does not identify you or your information personally
- May involve the use of a third-party vendor acting on behalf of this site
- May be combined with data collected by third parties on other sites and apps and across devices
- Is performed in order to improve our website and the user experience
- May include the use of session and/or persistent cookies to track user movement across this and other Altra Industrial Motion Corp. websites or to track other events within or across this and other Altra Industrial Motion Corp. websites.
10. Methods to Collect Information
A “cookie” is a small text file that helps us in many ways to make your visit to our website more enjoyable and meaningful to you. For example, cookies avoid you having to log in every time you come back to one of our websites. They also allow us to tailor a website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. There are a couple different types of cookies. A “session” cookie is stored only in your computer’s working memory (RAM) and only lasts for your browsing session. When you close all your browser’s windows, or when you shut down your computer, the session cookie disappears forever. A “persistent” cookie is stored on your computer’s hard drive until a specified date, which could be tomorrow, next week, or 10 years from now. Persistent cookies stay on your computer until either a) they expire, b) they are overwritten with newer cookies, or c) you manually remove them. Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies, however, this may prevent you from having access to some site functions or features. This site may use a third party to activate and/or deliver a service, or deliver site functionality such as fulfilling your request to purchase a product or service, including items from our online store. In performing this function the third party may place a persistent cookie on your computer or have to gather personal information from you in order to activate and deliver the service, or facilitate the processing of your purchase. This site may use third-party click tracking analytics tools (such as Google Analytics, BrightEdge and Siteimprove) to capture clickthrough statistics. These parties may collect information about your use of this site and across different sites and mobile apps, and across devices over time. This site may use spotlight ads/web beacons/GIF/pixel tags which are site instrumentation tools that help us to determine, for instance, whether a page has been viewed or not and, if so, how many times. Emails or electronic newsletters we send may use tools (e.g., pixel tags or web beacons) to gather email metrics and information to improve the reader’s experience such as how many of the emails are opened, if they were printed or forwarded, the type of device (e.g., mobile or PC) from which they were opened, and the city, state, and county associated with the applicable IP address. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a webpage, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon. This website may generate a “session log” when you visit our site. We use session logs to help us determine how people travel through our site. In this way, we can structure our pages so that the information most frequently visited is easier to find. By tracking page visits, we can also determine if the information we’re providing is being used. The only data gathered is the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you came, the website that referred you, the pages you visited and the date and time of those visits. Users may be directed to this site via banner ads, site links or QR Codes. Ads, site links or QR Codes may use tools such as cookies or web beacons to deliver metrics on the effectiveness of the ads or links. They do not collect personally identifiable information from the user. Users you may be provided the opportunity to integrate with third-party social media sites, and this site may track on an aggregate level the number of items “liked” on this site, or items on this site that you choose to share with a third-party social media site.
11. Sharing Your Information
This site does not share, sell, or rent personally identifiable information with independent companies for their own use without providing you a choice. If you create account credentials, you may be provided the opportunity to use the same account identification (email address) for one or more Altra websites or you may choose to create a new account. To facilitate this for you, when you provide your email address to us on registration on certain portions of this website, we may check whether there is already an existing account with this email address and advise you. When you register with another Altra website, we share with such website whether an account exists for the email address you have entered so that you can be advised whether you may use an existing account. Personally identifiable information that you provide to us in the course of using our site features or requesting a product through this website may be gathered and stored in one or more of our corporate databases. For site visitors in the U.S. personally identifiable information may be used for purposes of contacting you for things like promotional offers, marketing programs, or other communications from this website or other Altra Industrial Motion programs. We may share personally identifiable information that we collect about you internally among Altra affiliates worldwide (see Section 14). We may also share personally identifiable information with external third-party vendors, contractors or partners performing services for Altra in the normal course of business. Such third-party providers have access to your data solely for the purposes specified in this Privacy Notice, and we require these providers to undertake security measures consistent with the protections specified in this Privacy Notice and required by applicable law. We may be required to disclose your data to other third parties (a) as may be required by applicable law; (b) to protect Altra’s legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law, or (c) in an emergency where the health or safety of an individual may be endangered. In addition, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business, we may transfer your data to successor entities or parties.
12. Storage and Retention
We will retain your data until you request its deletion in accordance with Section 17 below.
13. Security of Your Information
Safeguarding information of visitors to our website is important to us. While no systems, applications or websites are 100% secure, we employ technical and organizational safeguards designed to maintain accuracy of information, to protect information from loss, misuse or alteration and to comply with applicable legal requirements for information security. When you send personally identifiable information, such as email address or telephone numbers, to this site we use technologies such as “Secure Socket Layers” (SSL) or “Transport Layer Security (TLS) to protect your data. SSL and TLS are encryption technologies that helps safeguard your personally identifiable information against misuse by unauthorized individuals. Vendors, contractors or partners of this site who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with providing services for this site are required to keep the information confidential. Vendors are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for this site.
14. Processing of Personal Data
Altra is a global organization and, accordingly, your personally identifiable data may be transferred to and processed in the United States and other countries that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We maintain and apply data protection standards consistent with those specified in this Privacy Notice to our operations globally. In addition, Altra has entered into Standard Contractual Clauses with each of its European affiliates in order to facilitate lawful transfers of personal data from the European Economic Area (EEA) to all third countries, including the United States, while providing sufficient protection for the privacy of individuals located within the EEA.
15. Links to Other Sites
16. Children’s Privacy
This site does not knowingly intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at the phone number or mailing address listed in section 14 if they want this information deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for this site.
17. Rights to Data; Contacting Us
You may exercise the following rights in relation to the personally identifiable data you provide to us:
- You may access and obtain a copy of your data upon request;
- You may require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- You may require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example when your data is no longer necessary for purposes of processing (except where retention is required by any contractual relationship with Altra, in the context of a legal dispute, or as otherwise required by law); and
- You may object to the processing of your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you otherwise have any questions, comments or concerns about this online Privacy Notice, this site’s privacy practices, or the contents of this website please contact us at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, if you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority of your home country.
18. Acknowledgment and Consent
By visiting this site and providing your personally identifiable information to us, you acknowledge and consent that:
- You have reviewed this Privacy Notice and agree that we may process your personally identifiable data in accordance with this Privacy Notice; and
- Your personally identifiable data may be transferred and processed worldwide, including in the United States and other countries that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country, for the purposes and in the manner specified in this Privacy Notice.
We will process your data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, unless in conflict with the requirements of applicable law, in which case applicable law will prevail.